On the occasion of Women’s Day on March 8, Vatican authorities and academics will reflect on the theme, “Women in the Church: builders of humanity”, in preparation for the Congress that, under this theme, will take place on March 7 and 8, 2024.
The event will be held at 4 p.m. in the John Paul II Auditorium of the Pontifical Urbaniana University (Via Urbano VIII, 16).
Introduction of Prof. Leonardo Sileo, Rector of the Pontifical Urbaniana University
° Prof. Maria del Rosario Sáez Yuguero, Rector of the Catholic University of Ávila: Conference 2022 on the Doctors of the Church and Patronesses of Europe (in Spanish)
° Prof.ssa Antonella Sciarrone Alibrandi, Under-Secretary of the Dicastery for Culture and Education: Female holiness and education (in Italian)
° Prof.ssa Gabriella Gambino, Under-Secretary of the Dicastery for the Laity, Family and Life: Holiness and family (in Italian)
Pause: video song by Prof. Maeve Heaney, Catholic University of Australia: Woman of God (in English)
° SE Msgr. Fabio Fabene, Secretary of the Dicastery for the Causes of Saints: Female Holiness in the Church (in Italian)
° SE Msgr. Rino Fisichella, Pro-Prefect of the Section for Fundamental Questions regarding Evangelization in the World, of the Dicastery for Evangelization: Holiness and the Jubilee of 2025 (in Italian)
° Prof. Cristina Reyes, Vice-Rector of the Pontifical University of the Holy Cross: Presentation of the 2024 Conference “Women in the Church: Builders of humanity” (in Italian)
The Promoter Committee is constituted by representatives of the Catholic University of Avila (UCAV), the Pontifical Urbaniana University, the Pontifical University of the Holy Cross, the Pontifical Theological Faculty Teresianum and the Institute of Higher Studies on Women of the Pontifical Athenaeum Regina Apostolorum. The initiative is sponsored by the Dicastery for the Causes of Saints, the Dicastery for Culture and Education and the Dicastery for Evangelization – Section for Fundamental Questions of Evangelization in the World.
Journalists and media operators who wish to participate must apply, no less than 24 hours before the event, through the Holy See Press Office online accreditation System available at: press.vatican.va/accreditamenti
Seats will be guaranteed subject to availability. At the end of the event, the following will be available for interview:
– María del Rosario Sáez Yuguero, Rector of the Universidad Católica de Ávila (in Spanish)
– Cristina Reyes, Academic Vice-Rector of the Pontifical University of the Holy Cross (in Spanish and Italian)
– Anita Cadavid, Director of the Institute for Advanced Studies on Women of the Pontifical Athenaeum Regina Apostolorum (in Spanish and English)
– Lorella Congiunti, Lecturer at the Pontifical Urbanian University, member of the Committee Secretariat (in Italian and English)
– Silvia Mas, Lecturer at the Pontifical University of the Holy Cross, member Organizing Secretariat (in Spanish and English)